Friday, July 15, 2011

What would you do to diffuse the situation and meet the needs of your job?

The main thing is to stay calm because if you get flustered everyone else will too. I would take care of the crying child first. Get him set up in the health room with a wet cloth on his forehead and call his parents. Next I would ask the parent if he would like to make an appointment to talk with the teacher/principal/counselor (Whoever seems appropriate). Be polite but firm about not engaging in the conversation. I would be answering the phones when possible but I would let it go to voice mail if I had to. I would have the attendance reports finished and available to turn in. Mostly it is about prioritizing and keeping things as calm as possible. In my opinion the people come before the phone and the attendance report should have ben finished and ready to turn in.

No comments:

Post a Comment